Startup CTOPosizione Aperta
Candidatura valida entro il:26/02/2024
Annuncio inserito il:28/12/2023
Descrizione:We’re Humamy, an innovative start-up within the Bending Spoons group, offering a plant-based product that could significantly impact the food industry. Through our work, we aim to address challenges such as unsustainable and unhealthy eating habits and climate change.
At present, we’re seeking a full stack engineer ready to help on a variety of projects and willing to take full ownership and development of our tech stack. Expectations are of hands-on attitude, an entrepreneurial mindset (in the first months, you’ll be one of a team of two engineers only, so expectations are of very high autonomy), lots of hard work, considerable responsibility, and substantial personal growth from day one.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
• Maintain existing codebase, databases, infrastructure, CI tools
• Lead planned upgrades to main app and infrastructure
• Document software
• Contribute to the product roadmap and help dictate future technology and infrastructure tools
• Take part in business decisions and propose ideas and suggestions
What we look for
• Passion. You love what you do, and your enthusiasm never wavers with the specifics of a given task or team. Whether you’re on a plane, train, or sofa, odds are that you’ll be found with your nose in a book or article on the subject.
• Drive. You’re energetic and hard-working, and you persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
• Logical-analytical abilities. You’re a quick learner who’s able to investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own. You can solve unforeseen challenges with creativity and structure, and can do so independently.
• Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that speed is often as important as quality when getting things done in a competitive world.
• Relevant knowledge. You don’t need to be a walking encyclopedia on the topic, but you do need to know your ABCs from your XYZs. A solid and ever-expanding knowledge base is a prerequisite—you spend a hearty portion of your time seeking to fill in the gaps in your understanding.
• Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring, and are forever hunting down new opportunities and testing fresh ideas. Rather than waiting to be told what to do, you go seek.
• A hands on attitude. Because you own the mission, when you see something that needs to be done, you do it.
• Tenacity. Once you have a goal, there’s no stopping you! Failure doesn’t discourage you—after every stumble, you get right back up and try again.
• A collaborative nature. You can understand others and work well with them, balancing patience and assertiveness.
• Proficiency in Italian. You read, write, and speak proficiently in Italian.
What we offer
• Inspiring mission. Humamy has the potential to transform humanity’s relationship with food, and positively impact the planet in so many ways. By embracing the mission, you become part of an exciting and wildly ambitious journey.
• Lightning learning. By joining a fast-growing start-up with its sights set on becoming one of the world's greatest companies in the food sector, you’ll have an unparalleled opportunity to accelerate your learning and career prospects.
• One-of-a-kind team. We hire for talent and leave the ego at the door. You'll find a tribe of truly talented teammates who are eager to teach their secrets and to learn. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew. Your talent is going to blossom here.
• Trust and freedom. From the minute you start, you’re one of the team and trusted absolutely. You’ll have plenty of freedom and opportunity to deliver at your best.
• Flexible time off. Each year, full-time Humamy employees get 10 extra paid vacation days per year on top of the country’s minimum legal requirement, plus the option to request additional, unpaid time off.
• Diversified tech stack. In your daily activities, you can expect to deal with several different technologies, such as React, Webpack, Typescript, Python, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Vault, Terraform and more! Please consider that this is just a starting point: we’re very open to evolve and update our technology when it’s efficient to do so, and we’re not searching for a person with a perfect knowledge of our current tech stack.
• Competitive salary and stock options. The starting package, for someone with moderate experience and lots of growth potential, includes a salary of €46,604 and €5,642 in extra pay. By becoming part of our team during these early stages, you'll have the unique opportunity to acquire company’s stock options at a significantly reduced value, positioning you to benefit from the company's future success.
Commitment & contract
Permanent or fixed-term. Full-time.
Milan (Italy) or fully remote.
The selection process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we’ll invite you to take on a few tests that assess how you approach and solve unfamiliar problems. If you’re successful there, we’ll invite you to take part in some interviews. We welcome applications in English and Italian.
Studies suggest that women tend not to apply for a job if their CV isn’t a perfect fit. Here, we look for talent and potential—not just experience and expertise. So if you like the role and think you could be awesome at it, go ahead and apply.