Senior Project Manager – Offshore Wind ItalyPosizione Aperta
Candidatura valida entro il:25/02/2024
Annuncio inserito il:27/12/2023
PosizioneSenior Project Manager – Offshore Wind Italy
We are a global player in the field of renewable energies, which develops, designs, builds and manages plants that generate clean energy. Moreover, we provide highly specialized energy management and downstream services to both energy producers and consumers and use our know-how to manage third-party assets from a technical and administrative perspective.
Discover our business here: https://renantis.com/
Our Group is an innovative place to work. We work in a stimulating and safe environment where differences are valued and mistakes are an opportunity as the starting point for reflection and improvement. Listening is key and what we do differently is to put the employee, as a person, at the core of what we do.
For us diversity is a real value. We recognize the creative potential that people of different backgrounds and abilities bring to their work. That's why we encourage a dynamic environment where we make the most of individual skills and promote the integration of all personal differences and points of view. A diverse and inclusive environment is the key to our sustainable, long-term success.
Discover our culture and approach here: https://renantis.com/living-the-company/
Would you like to be one of our new enablers?
Renantis has partnered with BlueFloat Energy to develop and deliver floating offshore wind farms off the costs of Puglia, Calabria and Sardinia. The projects could deliver more than 5,5 GW of offshore wind capacity and are scheduled to be complete by the end of the decade, subject to securing consent and commercial arrangements. The partnership between the two companies is based on Renantis’ in-depth knowledge of the Italian industry and energy sector, combined with BlueFloat Energy’s technical expertise in floating offshore wind, unique at global level. Renantis and BlueFloat Energy recognize the strong potential of floating offshore wind technology in Italy for the renewable energy production, which will significantly contribute to the country's energy transition and autonomy, while fully respecting ecosystems.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager/Project Director willing to join us and collaborate on our offshore projects in Italy. In particular, the candidate will have direct responsibility for the safe delivery of a large-scale offshore wind farm projects to time and budget. Crucially, the candidate will have direct accountability for the safety of all project personnel working both on and offshore. This role will report to the Country Manager, leading the project development team following different work streams including permitting, project management, technical studies, stakeholder engagement and communication, and other project development activities.
• Leading the project development team, developing and delivering the project program and budget, coordinate various project development streams/working teams in order to achieve common targets in terms of project permitting, auction preparation, technical delivery;
• Ensuring resources are aligned with project programmes and any variations;
• Manage the development of offshore wind projects within budget from consenting/pre-consenting stages to achieve Ready-to-Build status, coordinating with various project stakeholders;
• Delivering against the financial targets in the business plan;
• Coordinating with the Technical team to ensure the projects have the relevant engineering and technical material to submit planning applications and prepare for route to market auctions and consequently construction.
• Coordinating with PMO (Project Control) function to ensure the project remains on track against budget and schedule and challenging team on overspend and delays while coaching and supporting them to find solutions to recover these situations;
• Directing and managing the preparation and issue of key tender documentation for the appointment of key suppliers and contractors;
• Developing a clear reporting structure and providing regular, concise and open reports to the management, country manager, executive committee, and other key stakeholders as required;
• Perform internal coordination, including organization and preparation of periodic and ad-hoc meetings with management and different business units;
• Responsible, in coordination with the HR Unit for the personal development of all full-time, direct reports within the project staff;
• Engaging with the Head of Comms and Stakeholder Managers to ensure all communications reflect core values, proactively work with the authorities, ministries, governmental bodies, associations with an aim of gaining full support for the projects;
• Attend/lead meetings with Italian administrative bodies, policy makers, regional authorities, infrastructure organizations, potential subcontractors;
• Direct the activities of external contractors and internal team members who are supporting project development activities, have clear accountability for the cost and budget respect;
• Operate in close collaboration with HSEQ Manager and external bodies to promote a safe working culture within the project and to ensure the safety of all employees and partners, in accordance with HSE policy and systems;
• Liaising closely with Legal Counsel and advisors to negotiate and conclude all necessary supply chain contracts including (but not limited to) EPC, turbine supply, balance of plant, vessels, ports and logistics and grid connection agreements;
• Support the Country Manager and the team, addressing key areas of concern for the local stakeholders requesting special attention and propose actions to address those concerns for the successful delivery of the projects, thus fostering a constructive dialogue and developing long-term relationships based on trust;
• In coordination with the Country Manager, represent the partners at the relevant conferences and events, including public debates and other events to present the vision and strategy of the partnership to the regional authorities and infrastructure organizations;
• Gather and analyze market intelligence in relation to competition, supply chain, infrastructure in relation to offshore wind in Italy. Explore potential greenfield and co-development opportunities for floating offshore wind projects in Italy, including review and negotiation of Head of Terms, Joint Development Agreements, preparation of applications for offshore leases and tenders.
Required Education and Professional Experience
• The candidate will be a seasoned project management/project development professional with an track record of successfully delivering major infrastructure projects, preferably offshore and/or in wind energy, with a deep understanding of technical, economic and legal matters;
• Experience of working in different consortia, partnership structures and multicultural environment will be viewed favourably;
• The candidate will be required to establish strong relationships with the wider team, project partners, industry, suppliers, and stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of the projects;
• Strong technical understanding of the various work packages within a complex project;
• Technical understanding of offshore wind energy will be viewed favourably.
Required Knowledge & Hard Skills
• Ability to relate to and to manage multiple stakeholders and availability of a strong and consolidated network in the industry;
• Ability to structure and coordinate multiple workstreams, involving external and internal experts;
• Advanced skills with spreadsheets, charts, and presentations;
• Exceptional written communication and presentation skills;
• Excellent communication skills both internally and externally with experience of dealing with a variety of stakeholders and organisations involved in the development and execution of infrastructure projects;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Power Point and Word; familiarity with design programs and database systems are advantages;
• Languages: Fluent in Italian (preferably, mother tongue) and English required;
• Willingness for short-term travelling on a regular basis.
• Proactive, assertive, and action-oriented leadership style, with strong intellectual agility;
• Team player, high level of responsibility and self-organization/autonomy;
• Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality solutions;
• Ability to be effective in cross-cultural teams;
• Status to work in the European Union.
The position is based in Italy, preferably in Rome, with flexible working policy.